[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Vandelay 2.2. question

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Feb 14 11:37:32 EST 2012

Hi Mary,

>>Two other things on my wishlist:
>>
>>-- I'd like to be able to change the bib source when we overlay a bib
>>record. I created a bib source of "acq" for brief records, and I'd like
>>the
>>loader to change it to "oclc" when the record is overlaid.
>>--When a record is overlaid through Vandelay, I'd like to see the "Last
>>Edited On" date/timestamp be updated to reflect the latest load. The
>>Z39.50
>>overlay changes that date/time.
>>
>>Mary

I concur with both of these wishlist items. I hadn't tested either of these
issues when I was looking at Vandelay. Does anyone know if there is a reason
why the record source isn't updated during an overlay or is it an oversight?
Or maybe there is a way of doing it that I just haven't seen? To do so, I
expect the system would need to distinguish between records that are truly
being overlaid versus those that are just being merged.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
(508) 755-3721 (fax)