[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] MARC Batch editing in Evergreen

Elizabeth McLean lmclean at kcls.org
Fri Feb 24 11:53:38 EST 2012

When I use MARC Batch Edit to add death dates to headings fields that have subfields that follow the date subfield, Evergreen moves subfield $d to the end of the field.
This is what happened when I replaced the text in subfield $d in a record for Etta James. We have 40+ records to batch change.

Update Template Preview:
=LDR 00000cam a2200205Ka 4500
=905 \\$r100d
=100 \\$d1938-2012.

The replace command worked fine for all records where subfield $d is the last subfield in the 100 field, but in this heading, subfield $d was moved after subfield $4.

=100 1\$aJames, Etta,$4prf$d1938-2012.

Originally, the subfields were in the correct order:

=100 1\$aJames, Etta,$d1938-$4prf

I don't understand why Evergreen changed the order of the subfields. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you,

Libby McLean
Cataloging Librarian II
King County Library System