[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Questions from a library concerning aquisitions

Pam Smith Pamela.Smith at TheHowe.org
Tue Feb 28 17:50:34 EST 2012

Hi Mary:

The encumbered price is removed in our system (2.0.10) from the fund when
the item is cancelled without having to zero out the price field.  I just
checked all of our cancelled line items & the price for the cancelled items
no longer appears as an encumberance in the purchase order or in the fund.
It does not remove the encumbered price from the total estimated field in
the purchase order, but we do find that the amount is removed from the fund.

We do see that the purchase order remains in an on-order status when an line
item is cancelled. We would like to be able to close out a purchase order
completely once all line items have either been paid or cancelled.

Pam

Pamela Soren Smith
Technical Services/Systems Librarian
Howe Library