[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2, 1, 1 server cannot provide pages for 2.1.1 client

Jim Bond-Harris jbondharris at rosaryhs.com
Wed Jan 11 10:22:33 EST 2012

Need some help:

I have EG 2.1.1 installed on Ubuntu LTS 10.04, running as a VM on top of
ESXi as the host.  I am logging in from a Windows 7 client, running the
2.1.1 client. The installation of the server seems to have been successful,
HOWEVER, here is what happens:

1. All is running on the server.  I can log in with my admin name/passwd
through srfsh.  I can access the starting page from the server
(https://library.rosaryhs.local/xul/rel_2_1_1/server/main/ws_info.xul)
2.  On the CLIENT, I login OK with the admin password (I saw in the log
files what appeared to be a successful login sequence), but the
Workstation window reports:  "Not Found.  The requested URL
/xul/rel_2_1_1/server/main/ws_info.xulwas not found on this server.
-- Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at library.rosaryhs.local Port 80"
No obvious errors in the logs, other that the 404 code indicating the
file was not found.

I tried to explain this on the chat group, but no one could figure out
where the problem would be.  I don't know enough about Apache to know
if there is a way to finagle the configuration files to more directly
point the client to the location.

Does anyone have any ideas??  I can supply config files, log files,
whatever.  We are going to reinstall EG on a standalone machine (not VM),
and see if that is somehow the issue.

Thanks.

Jim Bond-Harris
Rosary High School