[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2, 1, 1 server cannot provide pages for 2.1.1 client

Jim Bond-Harris jbondharris at rosaryhs.com
Wed Jan 11 13:04:37 EST 2012

Jason Etheridge <jason at ...> writes:

> > No obvious errors in the logs, other that the 404 code indicating the
> > file was not found.
>
> Are you doing any symlink trickery besides the link for the
> /openils/var/web/xul/server/?
>
> One possible gotcha is trying to put a particularly stamped version of
> the XUL files in a differently named directory.
>
> For example, let's say your client isn't actually stamped for
> rel_2_1_1, but for rel_2_1_0, and you took an existing
> /openils/var/web/xul/rel_2_1_1/ and renamed it to
> /openils/var/web/xul/rel_2_1_0/ to try to get things to match.
> However, there would then be files within the rel_2_1_0/ folder that
> have rel_2_1_1/ paths hard-coded.
>
> So your client might load rel_2_1_0/server/main/data.xul, which then
> tries to embed rel_2_1_1/server/main/ws_info.xul and fails.  I don't
> think this matches what you've described so far, but it is one way to
> get a 404 for ws_info.xul.

No, no symlinks except what was asked for in the install instructions.

How would I tell if my staff client is 2.1.0 or 2.1.1?  In the install,
I specified 2.1.1, but looking at the client on the Windows side, all
I see is 2.1.  Then again, it would appear to be requesting rel_2_1_1
files, and that is how the directories are set on the server.

One other little note:  in the eg_conf file, I see the DocumentRoot
value being **quoted** in the secure case (port 443), but **unquoted**
for port 80!  I think the quotes should not be there, but it did not
seem to make a difference after I removed the quotes and restarted
Apache.  Does that detail sound suspicious to anyone else?

Thanks,

Jim