[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Copy status for reference books?

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Jan 23 08:58:11 EST 2012

Hello Linda,

You do not need to change the file before installing, so you are fine there.  Are you using the 'default' theme?  You probably are, but if not, you will need to edit the file in the directory matching your theme name rather than 'default'.  If you are using 'default', please feel free to post your changes so we can take a look.  I'd bet you are pretty close.

Thanks,
Dan W.

>>> On 1/22/2012 at 6:19 AM, Linda Jansova <skolkova at chello.cz> wrote:
> Dan, we have tried it already but without success. We have made the
> changes in the file
> /openils/var/web/opac/skin/default/xml/result/result_table.xml.
>
> Do you think that it should be sufficient to make the desired changes in
> this file or is it necessary to make them during the installation
> process (as the location
> Open-ILS/web/opac/skin/default/xml/result/result_table.xml you have
> mentioned might indicate)? Or - in case we have Evergreen already
> installed - is it necessary to make some changes in some other files or
> something like that?
>
> Thank you in advance for your view!
>
> Linda
>
> PS: Also a big thank you goes to you for all of your recommendations
> regarding our favorite ;-) facet translations etc. - we usually proceed
> little by little as we fiddle with Evergreen in our spare time :-).
>
> Dne 19.1.2012 07:22, Linda Jansova napsal(a):
>> Thank you, Dan! We shall definitely try it :-)!
>>
>> Linda

>>> Building on what Mike said, that Reference flag for copies is exposed in
>>> the data available to BibTemplate (in the JavaScript OPAC) using the
>>> marcxml-full data type - which is what the search result copy summaries
>>> are built from.
>>>
>>> So, let's peek behind the veil to see a snippet of the XML that's
>>> returned:
>>>
>>> <holdings xmlns="http://open-ils.org/spec/holdings/v1">
>>> <counts>
>>> <count type="public" count="2" available="2" unshadow="2"
>>> transcendant="0" org_unit="1" depth="0"/>
>>> <count type="public" count="2" available="2" unshadow="2"
>>> transcendant="0" org_unit="105" depth="1"/>
>>> </counts>
>>> <volumes>
>>> <volume id="tag:open-ils.org:asset-call_number/1744485" lib="OSUL"
>>> opac_visible="t" deleted="f" label="QA 76.76 S46 Z55 2006">
>>> <copies>
>>> <copy id="tag:open-ils.org:asset-copy/490288"
>>> create_date="2006-03-14T00:00:00-0500"
>>> edit_date="2011-03-28T09:36:52-0400" copy_number="" circulate="t"
>>> deposit="f" ref="f" holdable="t" deleted="f" deposit_amount="0.00"
>>> price="" barcode="30007008266958" circ_modifier="BOOK" circ_as_type=""