[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] bookings module - media bookings

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Jan 24 16:45:55 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:14:23PM -0800, Tara Robertson wrote:
> Thanks! That's how we did things with our manual system: the media booker
> would check stuff out and put it on a shelf at circ.
>
> I'd love to hear from anyone else who is using bookings and what your
> workarounds are.

For the case of late checkouts, are you capturing the resources first? A
few months ago, after working with one of our libraries to resolve the
same problem - or so I thought - I wrote the following: "bookings are
supposed to be captured (under Bookings -> Capture Resources) before
they're checked out - idea being that the "capture" indicates that the
item has been brought to the special reservations/bookings area from
wherever it might normally live elsewhere in the library. Once the item
is captured, it can be checked out early or late".

I've just asked for confirmation that this does, in fact, resolve the
problem.

As for the inability to edit the booking date / time, I just opened
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/921228 as that was something
one of our libraries had noted with irritation a few months ago and I
confirmed with Lebbeous via IRC as being a current limitation. (Not that
opening a ticket is a big deal, but at least it gives us another way to
track things that bug people!)