[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Call for Hosting Proposals for Hack-A-Way

rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Fri Jul 13 09:15:19 EDT 2012

I posted the general message about the Hack-A-Way a few days ago and
now want to explicitly call for proposals from those who might want to
host it.

The process for this first year is simple - email me, tell me who at
your agency/location will work with the ad-hoc working group and what
resources you can provide.  Your location must have hotels or motels
in the area that can accomodate the developers attending and
reasonable transport to the meeting space.  Explain in the proposal
your intentions for the space that the developers will meet in and
keep in mind that they will need adequate electrical and Internet
access.  Also select possible dates that would be good for the event
in your area (avoiding major festivals, holidays, etc...).

I need these in my Wednesday of next week.  The time frame is short
but time is of the essence.  The ad-hoc committee will review
proposals and select one and announce it by the end of next week.

Rogan Hamby
Manager Rock Hill Library & Reference Services
York County Library System

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's
too dark
to read." - Groucho Marx