[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2.3 alpha around the corner

Elizabeth B. Thomsen et at noblenet.org
Fri Jun 15 11:07:29 EDT 2012

> * Display of public copy notes - it might seem to be minor, but public
> notes aren't really public if the public can't see them.

Public copy notes are important if you use these for donor information
and it's the equivalent of the bookplate.  Always good to show
appreciation to donors!

The lack of scoped call number browsing is also a real issue here.
(See https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/973618)

The other things we really want are the group formats and editions for
both searching and holds, more advanced limiters including local copy
locations.

I also greatly prefer the way facets display in the JSPac, which has a
more structured approach to grouping, for example, the Subject facets
together.  I also like the way the JSPac lists the top five items for
each facet, with a More button to display the full listing.  TPac lists
the first ten, with no option to see the full list.  (If there's a way
to change this in TPac, please let me know!)

--
Elizabeth Thomsen, Member Services Manager
NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange
E-mail: et at noblenet.org