[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problems with downloaded Evergreen Virtual Image

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Sat Jun 30 15:05:59 EDT 2012

Hi Joel,

I have not tested this much recently, but I tried it just now.  My
problem with the virtual image revolved mainly in setting up the
networking options properly.  With my virtualbox, it did not detect the
default host-only adapters that were set on import of the OVF. I ended
up changing my network adapters to options that I knew might exist in my
host environment.  I do not work with VMWare or VirtualBox on a regular
basis, so I'm not an expert, but perhaps others can chime in with
solutions if you can help to provide more specific errors / failure
messages.

Evergreen 2.0.3 is very dated to me, so I think the community should
plan around making some newer virtual images soon if we continue to
offer them on the downloads page.

Alternatively, there are members of the community who offer access to
public demo servers running various versions of Evergreen.  See
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=community_servers for details.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum