[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Fulfillment Prioritization

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Mon Mar 12 08:34:04 EDT 2012

I think you have the "hijack" backwards. You are assuming that an in
transit hold will be hijacked and pulled back to the home library. In
fact, the only "hijacked" transits will be "Patron A has a hold with a
copy in transit, we will ignore the in transit copy and put this copy
we are checking in on the shelf for them *right now* instead, pushing
the transiting copy off of the hold". No patron will get a copy that
was going to a different patron as a result.

It looks like most of your other concerns on this stem from that
initial misunderstanding, though you are correct that things may go
right back into transit when they show up. That is no different than
if a hold is canceled while in transit, though.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium