[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] GSOC query

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Fri Mar 23 10:00:53 EDT 2012

When it comes to "no longer needed" type pull list stuff...

If the android client can scan the item and capture it, say in
"capture local holds as transits" mode so that emails and other
notifications aren't triggered yet, then capturing *elsewhere* won't
happen anymore. Then you simply pass them through a scanner at the
desk to get slips.

I suppose if it has the list of copies you could skip scanning. Visual
check "the barcode is the same" and hit a "capture" button?

If the client tells you the capture didn't happen (say, because the
hold was canceled, suspended, or captured elsewhere), you put it right
back on the shelf before you move on.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium