[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: To Create a PHP client for OpenSRF and Evergreen

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Mon Mar 26 11:23:02 EDT 2012

I would suggest splitting all of the OpenSRF (and really many of the
Evergreen pieces as well) into a PHP library that has nothing to do
with Drupal, and then making the Drupal pieces wrappers around that
library.

Also, the OpenSRF chunks here are intermixed with Evergreen chunks.
That should be split properly (evergreen methods should not be defined
with the OpenSRF communication pieces), and I think it would be better
to talk to the translator rather than to the gateway.

There is already work sitting on github, I think, that covers some of
the OpenSRF pieces, put there by TADL I think it was?

Also, if moved anywhere I would suggest moving to the general list.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium