[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [Evergreen-web-team] adding a page to the wiki

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Fri Mar 30 21:24:27 EDT 2012

Wow, those Webalizer stats are from Penguin (the web server before the
current one and haven't been updated since April 2011).  I guess that's
when Anoop setup Piwik to begin tracking data, cause it looks like we
have web stats from May 2011 forward on the new server.  Personally
Piwik > Webalizer.  :)

RE: original topic (might be time for a new thread?)...  I can add a new
link, but feel obliged to point out that renaming existing links to
pages may require further scrutiny of the associated pages those links
point to.  We'll need to carefully review what the link currently is
named, what page it's pointing to, and what changes need to be made to
the page in order to accommodate the new link name.  Or alternatively,
compose entirely new page information for certain new concepts.  An
example of that is that I think there would need to be a "Community"
landing page that incorporates some short summary of what the Evergreen
Community is about and how the various other pages tie into it (Mailing
List, etc.).  Probably easily adapted from the current Communicate page,
but this would have to be done for each menu link renamed for consistency.

Also, adding a new link option or altering the menu options in the
planet Evergreen blog is currently administrated by Dan Scott, so he'd
also need to be informed of any necessary changes on his end in order to
affect a less jarring disparity between the Evergreen website and the
planet Evergreen blog site.

If Anoop doesn't get to it before I do, I'll give this a closer look
early next week.

-- Ben