[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] GSoC: Build a customizable dashboard

Wajahat Abbassi wajahat.abbassi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 08:29:49 EDT 2012

Dear Thomas,

I hope you are doing good. I am very interested to work in the advancement
of Evergreen project as a GSoC student this year. I have gone through the
list of very interesting ideas on  *
evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:summer_of_coding_ideas* . I have
found "Build a customizable dashboard" very interesting and promising. I
would be really pleased to make my contributions in this project please.
The following is my brief introduction:

I am currently a Mphil student. Previously, I hold M.Sc in Network Centred
computing focusing mainly on network programming, data communications and
high performance computing from at University of Reading, UK. I have
extensive hands on experience in different programming languages (C. C++,
J2EE, J2SE, Ruby on rails and Shell scripting). In my dissertation, I
worked on grid computing paradigm where I designed and developed an
integration layer between GridWay Metaschedular and GridSphere Portal
framework to offer a PORTLET-based GUI to allow the GRID based distributed
jobs to be scheduled to the Grid worker nodes remotely and also to perform
various job management functions.

The following is a list of some of my academic projects:

·         Implemented Enterprise JavaBeans according to the EJB 3.0
specification (JSR 220). Deployment and execution of stateless & state-full
session EJB.

·         Developed MVC based Sporting manager using Servlets, JSPs &
JavaBeans.

·         Designed, developed and demonstrated a client-server Java based
application for checking student module sections that is consistent with
programme specification.

·         Implemented the FTP protocol using C and UNIX System calls in
Advanced OS course.

I am really looking forward to have a very productive summer of coding with
Evergreen.

Please find my attached resume.

Yours Sincerely,

Wajahat Abbassi