[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Prediction pattern for annual serial

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu May 3 09:15:41 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have a question about a serials prediction pattern that seems like it
should have been fairly straightforward, but took some time to get the
volumes to increment correctly.

The prediction pattern is for an annual serial where the volume should
be incrementing every year. The example I was using was for the Journal
of Hellenic Studies. When I was first setting up the prediction pattern
through the alternate serial control view, I did the following:

*I added a first level enumeration for v.
*I selected the option to use calendar changes and identified the start
of January as the time when the first-level enumeration should change.
* I selected year for the caption
* I selected annual as the frequency

The resulting prediction pattern was:
["2","0","8","1","a","v.","i","(year)","w","a","x","01"]

I then set up my first issuance with a volume number of 10, but when I
generated the predictions, the volumes didn't increment.

We ultimately were able to get the volumes to increment correctly by
de-selecting the option to use calendar changes, which resulted in the
following prediction pattern:

I'm happy we got this pattern working correctly, but I'm still curious
as to why the calendar change option does not work in this situation.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier