[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Setting up demo for smallish mixed consortium

Jill Minor jminor at wcpl.net
Fri May 4 11:57:41 EDT 2012

We are a mixed consortium straddling the Virginia/Tennessee border. We need to know how to set up an Evergreen demo and so far, we have not been able to make head or tail of anyone's advice. There are two public library systems and two small college libraries involved.  We have given up on the idea of cloud hosting because we hear it is very slow, and we don't want to spook our staffs any more than necessary. We would like to host our own demo. It must be accessible to every consortium location and handle a sample of 500 records. Please, in plain English, what equipment do we require for our demo? Would it be advisable to just go ahead and purchase a server that will eventually contain the entire Evergreen installation and put our demo on it? How large a server would we need to buy?