[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] State of the map of Evergreen libraries?

rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Mon May 7 08:38:27 EDT 2012

I'm strongly in favor of this and have similar ulterior motives as
this kind of visualization is a powerful tool.

Quoting Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net>:

> Hi:
>
> During Ben Hyman's opening bit on international libraries, he
> mentioned that he had started trying to resurrect the map of Evergreen
> libraries that Bob Molyneux had originally created.
>
> I know that several people have obtained copies of Bob's KML file; I'm
> wondering if it makes sense to try and organize a collaborative effort
> on keeping the data up to date?
>
> (I'll admit that I have an ulterior motive of wanting to point at a
> map with such data during an upcoming presentation at PGCon 2012 - and
> while there's Mr. Breeding's effort, I have a strong bias towards
> community-maintained data...)
>
> Dan

Rogan Hamby
Manager Rock Hill Library & Reference Services
York County Library System

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's
too dark
to read." - Groucho Marx