[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: Hard date format?

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Mon May 14 09:51:26 EDT 2012

Hi Steve,

I'm on version 2.0.7 and the hard due date I have created is called "end of semester" with spaces. Does this mean that later versions will not accept the spaces and that we should rename prior to upgrading?

Thanks!
Gordana

>>> On 5/13/2012 at 12:29 PM, in message <W260032697132811336926546 at webmail22>, "Steve Wills" <swills at beyond-print.com> wrote:
This post is intended to close the loop on this Hard Date issue in Version 2.0.9 of Evergreen for the benefit of future others searching the email list with this problem.  This work-around is also posted in launchpad.

When one goes to the System Administration screen and selects the menu option:  Hard Due Dates, a page is presented that allows one to edit a list of Hard Due Dates that can be assigned to items as a Circulation parameter.   There is a problem with the Javascript form however that can act as a show stopper for the uninitiated.   After you click the New Hard Due Date button, a javascript form pops up.  On this form, the Name of the Hard Date one is creating must not contain spaces.  If it does contain spaces, the save button will not operate.  When this error occurs, there is no error message either.

In short, in 2.0, versions the name of a Hard Due Date must not contain spaces.

Stev3