[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen API

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Mon May 14 10:18:47 EDT 2012

Thanks, All.  I know we don't need APIs in the same sense that a
proprietary system does.  However, I've spoken to some developers of other
products who are interested in integrating their product with Evergreen and
I keep hearing that this is very challenging because it isn't clear what
does what and how to do that without making a pretty big investment in
learning Evergreen internals.

I'm just looking for a way to lower the barrier for outside developers who
have something we might want to use with Evergreen, how can we make it
easier for them to work with our product?

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
Oversight Board & Communications Committee / Evergreen
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
Availability:  http://tungle.me/lori.ayre

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling