[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] PostgreSQL usage for Evergreen administrators: survey

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue May 15 10:42:31 EDT 2012

Hey folks:

I'm giving a presentation later this week (Friday) at PGCon about
Evergreen as a case study for the usage of PostgreSQL. I was focusing
on the technical aspects of how Evergreen exploits PostgreSQL, and
some of the walls we've run into, but I thought it might be
interesting to collect some statistics and configuration information
from the broader Evergreen community and convey that to the PostgreSQL
community as well.

So, I've thrown together a quick survey at:
http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/postgresql_survey.html

As a fellow part-time Evergreen admin, I really appreciate your time,
so if you only have time to copy the commands and paste the results
into an email, that would be great. But if you do have time to provide
some more info about your configuration or comments about your
experiences with PostgreSQL, this is a great opportunity to get that
consolidated feedback into the hands of some of the core PostgreSQL
developers.

Also, I'll provide a summary of the results back to the community. In
the IRC channel, a number of times we've kicked around the idea of
holding "PostgreSQL best practices for Evergreen" conference sessions
or birds of a feather sessions or what not, but nothing has come of
that so far. Maybe this will kickstart discussions on the list!

Thanks,
Dan