[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Active Directory

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed May 16 13:55:07 EDT 2012

Hello Tim,

You can generally communicate with Active Directory via the LDAP protocol.  If that is the case for your installation, there is a feature in 2.2 which allows for basic authentication using LDAP user bind.  To answer your listed concern, it is possible to limit this feature to a single org unit.  You can read a description here:

http://www.open-ils.org/documentation/release/RELEASE_NOTES_2_2.html#_authentication_proxy

Alternative methods of LDAP authentication (anonymous or admin bind) are not currently supported.  Also, this feature has not been ported to TPAC, but I intend to do so before our migration to 2.2 in a few weeks.  TPAC integration will then very likely be part of 2.3.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells, Library Programmer Analyst dbw2 at calvin.edu
Hekman Library at Calvin College