[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Recalling Circulating Items in 2.2

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu May 17 07:29:11 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:41:43AM -0400, Jason Etheridge wrote:
> > 1. Run `hold_targeter.pl` (to trigger the event, including the change
> >   in fine levels and due date)
>
> On my master dev system, things work fine and I have no CRON entries
> for running the hold targeter.  Shouldn't the targeter being invoked
> automatically at time of hold placement suffice?

It should, indeed.

> Or is there a race
> condition there and the item may or may not get caught at that time?

Probably not. Given that things weren't working for Sally out of the
box, I looked for the next possible explanation instead of the simplest
possible and didn't even bother to check the results after my local
test. So maybe somebody with access to Sally's machine -- someone from
an Evergreen support company, perhaps? :) -- could poke at her OU
settings to see if anything is funky about the recall settings there.