[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Donation Button on Home Page

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:46:38 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm writing to get a broader range of opinions on the Evergreen home page
> and how we invite donations.  Right now, there is a big SFC logo (the
> "other" tree on the home page) on the left side underneath our header with
> the words "Support Evergreen" underneath.
>
> Instead of having the SFC logo prominently placed on our home page, I
> would like to suggest we put a generic orange DONATE button like you see on
> the next page (if you were to click on the SFC logo) above the Quick Links
> on the right side of the page.
>
> I think it confuses matters have the SFC logo take up so much space on our
> home page and if you don't know who's logo it is...it doesn't even make any
> sense!
>
> I've checked several of the other SFC member libraries and none of them
> use the SFC logo on their home page nor on the page where they accept
> donations.
>
> Lori
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Lori Bowen Ayre //
> Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
>  Oversight Board & Communications Committee / Evergreen
> (707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
> Availability:  http://tungle.me/lori.ayre
>
> <Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
> filtering,
> workflow optimization, and materials handling
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Lori ++

The more simple you make things for visitors, the more likely you are to
get people to do them.
You might even want to put the donate button every page margin somewhere.
Catch people when they just found what they were looking for without
requiring them to leave that page - This is especially important when you
consider that people do not always arrive on the home page first.

-Wolf

Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton at apache.org