[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serial patterns in the EG wiki

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue May 22 10:21:53 EDT 2012

Hi Mieke,

This is great stuff! Thank you for sharing your patterns on the wiki. I know
we'll have many libraries that will appreciate all of this work.

However, I'm having trouble copying and pasting these patterns, and I
believe it might be related to the quotation marks.

After copying and pasting one of the prediction patterns
["2","0","8","1","a","Vol.","b","no.","u","12","v","c","i","(year)","j","(mo
nth)","w","m","x","01"], I started the process of creating a new issuance.
When I clicked the "Wizard" button to create a Holding Code, I receive the
following message: "Have you selected a valid caption and pattern?"

I then created the same prediction pattern using the caption and pattern
wizard. Comparing the two patterns, I saw that everything was exactly the
same with the exception of the format of the quotation marks. I've attached
a screenshot for the "captions and patterns" tab of the subscription.
Pattern code 256 was the pattern copied and pasted from the wiki and pattern
code 257 was the one the system generated. You can't see much of the code,
but, even from the little bit that is seen, you can see the difference in
quotation marks.

Does anyone know if there is a way to enter these prediction patterns into
the wiki so that it handles the quotation marks in a way Evergreen can use
them?

Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy Lussier