[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] (Belated) Last week in development

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Tue May 29 12:13:39 EDT 2012

Hi all,

With the holiday in the US, I'm sorry this issue had to be delayed.  I
still aim to share my developers' digest with the broader community on
Fridays in general.

This update is meant to be high-level and to cover the big stuff, but if
I've omitted anything major speak up and reply to the list!

Covering the week of May 21 - May 25:

Releases:
---------
No new releases this week, but Dan Scott is driving work on OpenSRF
2.1.0, which should be out soon.

Work is ongoing toward Evergreen 2.2.0, which should be released this
week or next, at or after the release of OpenSRF 2.1.0, which will be
the recommended version of OpenSRF to pair with Evergreen 2.2.0.

Feature Development:
(alphabetically) Bibliomation, C/W MARS, GPLS, KCLS and Pioneer, all of
whom we at Equinox would like to thank.  Refinement is ongoing, and Bill
hopes to have this development work included in the Evergreen 2.3
release series.

Other news:
-----------
The first developers' IRC meeting in several weeks was held on
Wednesday, May 23.  Information about such meetings is centralized here:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:meetings

The documentation repository has been merged with the code repository
for Evergreen, and efforts continue to bind documentation more tightly
with the code, and to encourage more immediate production of
feature-level technical documentation at the time of code publication.

Mike Peters announced the upgrade of the testing.evergreen.lib.in.us
server to Evergreen 2.2 RC1 for public testing.

Thanks everyone!
--
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley