[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Random Hold Errors

Chauncey Montgomery montgoc1 at oplin.org
Wed May 30 12:32:18 EDT 2012

Every once in a while we get random errors when clearing holds from the
shelf.  Once the item has been cleared and we scan it to capture the
next hold, we get the following error message.

Network or server failure.  Please check your Internet connection to
sunbury.cool-cat.org and choose Retry Network.  If you need to enter
Offline Mode, choose Ignore Errors in this and subsequent dialogs.  If
you believe this error is due to a bug in Evergreen and not network
problems, please contact your help desk or friendly Evergreen
administrators, and give them this information:
method=open-ils.circ.checkin.override
params=["42b5d644df9bf47ff7e93313a8f80fa0",{"barcode":"31233730"}]
THROWN:
{"payload":[],"debug":"osrfMethodException :  *** Call to
[open-ils.circ.checkin.override] failed for session
[1338393049.380226.13383930498153], thread trace [1]:\nCan't call method
\"shelf_time\" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/Application/Circ/Circulate.pm line
2917.\n\n","status":500}
STATUS:

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in what causes the error. I was
wondering if anyone else has seen these random errors occurring with
cleared holds.
Thanks.
CM
--