[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Staff Client Interface for Use of Physical Cash Drawers

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu May 31 13:23:35 EDT 2012

Hi Jessie,

On May 31, 2012, at 1:04 PM, Jessie Bunker-Maxwell wrote:
> Has anyone out there replaced their cash registers with cash drawers and if so, is there an interface that allows the Evergreen Staff Client to work with the cash drawers?
>
> Scanning posts to this list and the Evergreen documentation, I am unable to determine if this interface even exists.

There is no defined interface, but there was some discussion [1] last year on a possible workaround, involving use of certain models of printers that can have cash drawers attached to them and using a control code in the circ receipt as a signal to open the drawer.  I would be curious to know if anybody ever got that working.

[1] http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2011-June/thread.html#5035

Regards,

Galen
--