[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Staff Client Interface for Use of Physical Cash Drawers

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Thu May 31 13:28:40 EDT 2012

> "Jessie Bunker-Maxwell" <jessb at santacruzpl.org> wrote:
> Has anyone out there replaced their cash registers with cash drawers
> and if so, is there an interface that allows the Evergreen Staff
> Client to work with the cash drawers?
> Scanning posts to this list and the Evergreen documentation, I am
> unable to determine if this interface even exists.
> Thanks for any info or personal experience.
Some printers (such as the Star SP200, SP500 and TSP100 series machines) have an interface where you could plug a cash drawer into them and then send a control character (as part of a receipt template) to open the drawer when that receipt prints. I remember having such a conversation last year and I found some documentation from Star and a drawer OEM, but I have never used such a device.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21