[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] egcon2012 update: book your hotel!!!

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:53:53 EDT 2012

Hi,

So, it's now November. I know it's the first of the month because I got the
open-ils "mailing list memberships reminder" email this morning.

In Vancouver, Halloween candy has been dramatically discounted and I'm
starting to see Christmas stuff in the stores. Time is flying. In 5 short
months we look forward to welcoming a bunch of you to Vancouver for the
2012 International Evergreen conference.

Please please please--Book your hotel
If you know you're coming, please please please please book your hotel
rooms. The conference rate is $159/night and all of the rooms are suites.
The hotel is lovely, attached to the conference centre and you'll have an
easier time networking with people if you're staying there. Also, our last
deadline to make big changes to the hotel block is next week. Book here:
http://www.deltawebsupport.com/websupport/en/group_accounts/booking/1830/1042c9c681e5c8478306c39dfa8e12c8b2cedb5a

Program update
The call for proposals closed yesterday and we received many fantastic
proposals. Thank you to everyone who submitted. We hope to let you know in
the next few weeks if your proposal was accepted.  It's going to be a great
program with something for people currently using Evergreen and for folks
who are considering migrating to Evergreen. There will be 2 tracks: one
that will have sessions for circ and technical services staff and decision
makers, and a technical track for system administrators and developers.

Curious about our keynote speakers? Here's Canadian Electronic Frontierist
Zak Greant's giving his Age of Literate Machines talk at Mozilla24:
http://vimeo.com/658294 Here's award winning British Columbia author John
Vaillant: http://youtu.be/NE-w1K4LCyw

Sponsorship
Thank you to our awesome sponsors:
http://eg2013.sitka.bclibraries.ca/sponsors/ Having the financial support
of vendors, consortia and other businesses is critical for putting on a
conference. The next time you're in contact with one of these organizations
please let them know you notice and appreciate how they support the
Evergreen community.

We've exhausted most of our local (BC and WA) contacts--please get in touch
with me directly if you would be willing to ask some of the people you do
business with if they might consider supporting the conference. I have a
form letter that you can easily personalize and a spreadsheet detailing who
has already been contacted.

Cheers,
Tara