[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installing and Running Linux Staff Client Version 2.0.9

Buzzy Nielsen buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org
Fri Nov 2 14:29:27 EDT 2012

Our System Manager (for the Sage Library System) built a Linux client on
the server using these instructions, I believe:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:installing_and_running_the_staff_client#installing_on_linux

I've been running this on a couple of Linux machines for a while, and am
about to roll out staff computers running Linux with the native
Evergreen client. While I never had issues running the Windows client in
Wine, the native client runs /much/ faster. I have not experienced any
issues with the native client that seem unique to it. I've been running
it on Linux Mint 12 and the latest version of Linux Mint Debian Edition.

Cheers!
Buzzy Nielsen

Library Director
Hood River County Library District