[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How to set up Syndetic AddedContent in TPAC? (EG 2.2.0)

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Nov 9 12:19:22 EST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to set up Syndetic AddedContent in TPAC on EG 2.2.0. I am
not 100% sure how to properly set up TPAC to use Syndetic. I have
followed the instructions listed on the official documentation for
both 1.6[1] and 2.0[2] (since they are the same), and I cannot yet get
it to work on my test server. So far I have updated my opensrf.xml
file by updating the "<module>" tag inside the "<added_content>" tag
to say...

             <module>OpenILS::WWW::AddedContent::Syndetic</module>

I also updated the "<userid>" tag with the client ID supplied by
Syndetic. Finally, I restarted opensrf and Apache.

So far no cover images are showing up, though I was expecting cover
images for books or CDs (that have UPC values in MARC records) to
work. Book covers had been showing up great using OpenLibrary from the
default install configuration. For the record, my contract with
Syndetic is for album and book covers only.

I checked the Apache error log and I got this...

root at evergreen-xen:~# tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log
[Thu Nov 08 16:00:55 2012] [error] [client 10.4.45.167] File does not
exist: /openils/var/web/js/dojo/dojo/openils_dojo.js, referer: http://10.4.45.11/eg/opac/results?fi%3Aitem_type=j&query=mariah+carey&qtype=author&locg=1
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/
local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/WWW/AddedContent/Syndetic.pm line 256.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/
local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/WWW/AddedContent/Syndetic.pm line 256.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/
local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/WWW/AddedContent/Syndetic.pm line 256.

And here is line 256 from that file referenced in the error....

252 # returns the HTTP response object from the URL fetch
253 sub fetch_response {
254     my( $self, $page, $key, $notype ) = @_;
255     my $uname = $self->userid;
256     my $url = $self->base_url . "?isbn=$key/$page&client=$uname" .
(($notype) ? '' : "&type=rw12");
257     return $AC->get_url($url);
258 }

Thanks in advance,