[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Announcing new development in Evergreen

Suzannah slipscomb at esilibrary.com
Mon Nov 19 09:57:11 EST 2012

P.V. Supa <cid:part1.09040404.03040909 at esilibrary.com> is sponsoring
development to integrate GoodStaff
<cid:part2.08090502.05050107 at esilibrary.com>, an RFID software product,
with Evergreen Open Source ILS
<cid:part3.02060106.01070004 at esilibrary.com>.  Developers from Equinox
Software, Inc. <cid:part4.01090108.04030500 at esilibrary.com> will be
leading the development.  GoodStaff is a solution to enable RFID
integration seamlessly with a library's ILS.  You can read more about
GoodStaff and P.V. Supa's other solutions on their web site at:
http://www.pv-supa.fi

In very basic terms, GoodStaff software works by receiving a signal from
the ILS, such as item checked out or checked in, and then using the RFID
reader to enable or disable the security on the tag. This way a
librarian is able to use his/her familiar ILS, with the item being
checked out or in on the desk (the RFID reader is usually mounted under
the desk), and the system handles the rest.

Equinox anticipates the coding will be finished by the end of December
2012.  Once the coding is complete, it will be submitted to the
Evergreen Community for inclusion in the next major release of Evergreen.

Since Thanksgiving is nearly here (for Americans at least), I would be
remiss if I did not mention we are thankful for the sponsorship of this
development which will enhance the overall functionality of Evergreen.

Cheers,
Suzannah

--
Suzannah Lipscomb