[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] TPAC [%content%]

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Nov 21 23:55:00 EST 2012

Hi Michael:

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 02:21:17PM -0500, Michael Schell wrote:
> I've been playing with creating a new template for the TPAC and have
> only learned enough to be dangerous.  Can anyone explain where
> [%content%] in the base.tt2 file pulls from?  There are a few
> things it is showing I would rather it didn't.

This is a case of the WRAPPER directive in action:
http://template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/Directives.html#section_WRAPPER

"The WRAPPER directive provides a way of simplifying this a little. It
encloses a block up to a matching END directive, which is first
processed to generate some output. This is then passed to the named
template file or BLOCK as the content variable."

If you run "grep -r base.tt2 Open-ILS/src/templates" you'll find tons of
files use base.tt2 as a generic container via the WRAPPER directive.

Hope this helps,
Dan

P.S. Please configure your email client to send plain text email; the
list archives don't deal very well with HTML-only email; for example:
http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2012-November/007760.html