[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Where, oh where ...

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed Oct 3 10:30:23 EDT 2012

Donald,

There is no official mentoring program for administrators (the developers
have been participating in the Google Summer of Code which is rather
mentory) but I'm sure you could find yourself one.

I know that the libraries that were part of the KCLS IMLS grant have phone
conferences every couple of weeks and that has proven to be an excellent
way to share information and build relationships.  Building these
relationships turns in to mentoring opportunities.  I encourage you to get
on IRC, attend the conference and continue to reach out as you've done.
 I'm guessing you'll find yourself someone willing to work with you.

I think it is a good idea to facilitate these kinds of relationships as
well and I think we can help with that on the new Drupal site we are
building (see Drupal.evergreen-ils.org).  If you'd like to work with the
Web Team on setting up something that would do that, we'd love to have you.

The DIG has done great work on documentation and we need even more.  Having
someone capable of creating screencasts of various tasks would be great.  I
think Equinox has done some but I've never seen a "getting started with
Evergreen" type of document or screen cast. But I agree we need it!

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
Oversight Board & Communications Committee / Evergreen
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
Availability:  http://doodle.com/loriayre

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling