[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] adding Z39.50

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Wed Oct 10 08:36:53 EDT 2012

Quoting Araik Manukyan <araik at flib.sci.am>:

> Dear friends,
>

> We have recently upgraded to Evergreen 2.2.1. Now, we want to add some new
> Z39.50 targets to ease our cataloging. In the old version we used to make
> some modifications in the opensrf.xml file. Obviously, in this new version
> we should act differently. So, we have added the targets immediately through
> the Client, but they do not work. Maybe we should make other changes as
> well?

Yes, you need to add entries in the config.z3950_attr table in the
database. What is typically done is the loc (US Library of Congress)
entries are copied with a new identifier and then modified as necessary.

There is presently no interface in the client for doing this.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services