[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen trademark policy

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Oct 17 14:54:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich
<alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:
> Does this policy need to address any future rebranding, like logo updates? Or is that outside of the scope?

The policy specifically covers use of the existing trademarks, but is
completely silent on any new trademarks we may devise in the future.
Should we update the logo in the future, the policy would at least
have to be amended to refer to the new logo, but that amounts to a
purely textual change.

> Also, this trademark policy is only valid in the USA, right?

The trademark policy applies to the entire globe, though of course,
whether it can be legally enforced in non-US jurisdictions is a
separate question, one whose answer would vary from country to
country.  The Oversight Board is investigating options for expanding
the scope of the trademark registration.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton