[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Arabic language

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Oct 23 08:29:40 EDT 2012

Quoting Nisreen Kabani <n.kabani.sy at gmail.com>:

> Hello
> I have heard that Evergreen system is one of the best open source systems
> And I will use it
> I have a question Does the system support the Arabic language as a search
> interface.

I am not certain of the state of the Arabic translations of Evergreen, if any.

> The second question you can install on Windows.

Not at this time, nor for the foreseeable future. Evergreen server
requires GNU/Linux. The staff client does run on Windows, but it is
useless without a server.

The server is best supported on Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora
distributions of GNU/Linux.

> Do you advise me to use or using Koha

I advise everyone to look at Koha and compare its features with
Evergreen. You may find one a better fit for your needs than the other.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services