[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen and Apple

James Wagner wagner at lincoln.library.on.ca
Tue Oct 30 12:32:22 EDT 2012

I've had several patrons come into the library saying they couldn't access their accounts from their Apple products. Two have been using Safari on their computers, one person was using an iPad 2 (upgraded to 3?), and another person was using their iPhone. The problem is that Evergreen is not showing them the login screen, so they can't put items on hold or see their account information. Could this be an authentication issue?

Unfortunately, this is not a universal problem. One of my staff used her iPod to log into her account and renew a book, this morning. Her iPod is several years old. Could there be something about newer Apple software that doesn't play nicely with Evergreen?

We started getting the complaints shortly after we upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2.

James Wagner
Technical Services Co-ordinator
Lincoln Public Library
Vineland, Ontario