[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circulation stats

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Sep 5 17:11:11 EDT 2012

Seems to me it depends on how your reports retrieve data from
Evergreen.  In the circulation table, Evergreen records the library
where the item was circulated from (the "lending branch") but you can
also retrieve either the item's circulating library or item's volume's
owning library (usually equivalent to the "owning branch").

So you could conceivably create a report to show circulations either
from the circulating library or the owning library.  In our consortium,
we write both forms of the report so that libraries can see the amount
of circulations done at their site, but also for their items via other
sites.

As for the renew question, it depends on how you've configured
Evergreen.  By default, I believe OPAC renewals will use the home
library of the patron to define where the circulation occurs.  This can
be changed to instead use the original circulating library where the
item began its journey.

With desk renewals (i.e. renewing using the staff client), it'll use
apply the circulating library to be the library where the workstation is
registered.  Someday I hope to have options here to force renewals to
follow the originating library as well.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum