[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen on OS other than Ubuntu or Debian

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Fri Sep 21 12:13:38 EDT 2012

On Sep 21, 2012, at 10:49 , Galen Charlton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
>> Long story short, it wants to write logs to /openils/var/log which is
>> owned by the opensrf user, but we can default to syslog and avoid that
>> problem.
>
> I'm in favor of changing that default -- even if somebody installing
> opensrf does nothing whatsoever to configure syslog, at least log
> messages will still end up in /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog or
> the like.

I made a bug for this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1054178

Those with more know-how as to the actual changes that need to be performed and desired outcomes, please deal with the bug as necessary.

Alexey Lazar
PALS
Information System Developer and Integrator
507-389-2907
http://www.mnpals.org/