[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Request Queue Anomaly?

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Apr 2 13:23:17 EDT 2013

Quoting Christine Campbell <campbellc at santacruzpl.org>:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a bib. record with 2 missing items attached, and the request cue
> list goes up to 48.
>
> However, the list begins with 25. Does anyone know why this would not be
> re-calibrated to begin with 1 as holds are filled? Or has anyone else seen
> this kind of thing?

Request queue position is a lie. Please pay no attention to the man
behind the curtain.

I have seen queues with all kinds of numbers, including those that
started over 100. The numbers are essentially meaningless. At best
they only track the order in which holds were placed and have no
bearing on the order in which they are filled, unless you use the fifo
holds option, which you do not want to do if you have more than
location and don't want things constantly bouncing around in delivery.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services