[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hold is behind circ desk option

Dale, Dawn ddale at georgialibraries.org
Fri Apr 5 12:29:57 EDT 2013

In Evergreen 2/3/4 there is an option to click for "Hold is behind circ desk" in the Edit Patron screen. The place I am referring to is the check box that would say that the patron wants you to hold the book behind the desk.

We have one library in our system that is experimenting with self-service holds. We went into the Branch Manager’s account and put a check in that box to state that the patron wants his hold held behind the desk. Then he went and placed a hold, then pulled the hold and captured it. There was no indication on the slip that alerted the staff to put the hold behind the desk for the patron.

Does anyone know what checking that box on the Edit Patron screen does, exactly?

Thanks,

Dawn Dale
PINES Helpdesk Manager
Georgia Public Library Service