[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Wireless Barcode Scanners

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Thu Apr 18 21:26:59 EDT 2013

On 17 April 2013 at 2:58PM "Tatiana H Prokrym" <tanya.prokrym at ncdcr.gov> wrote:
> Does anyone have recommendations for wireless barcode scanners that
> work well with Evergreen. We are running v2.3.1. We are about to
> purchase quite a few.
We have a library which is using wireless Honeywell 3800g (this appears to be the current version:
https://www.honeywellaidc.com/en-US/Pages/Product.aspx?category=wireless-barcode-scanner&cat=HSM&pid=3820_
)
Realistically, ANY scanner that acts like a keyboard, can scan your barcodes and can be programmed to do a carriage return after scanning the barcode will work just fine. Unlike some other ILS software, Evergreen is not picky.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21