[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What should be done during unexpected library closings?

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed Apr 24 15:57:15 EDT 2013

This isn't especially relevant to the conversation, but last I checked, Evergreen actually "post dates" fines to the end of the fine period in which they occur.  In other words, daily fines are all dated with a timestamp of "23:59" regardless of what time the fine generator runs.  This made the fine logic a little simpler to calculate, but it is also a source of general confusion for users, as fines appear to happen in the future if you look closely.  Perhaps someday someone will find the tuits to fix this, but for now, it works.

All that said, maybe you really do run your fine generator at 23:59, but that seems a little like living on the edge to me, and I wouldn't base any opinions on the billing timestamps :)

Dan

Daniel Wells, Library Programmer Analyst dbw2 at calvin.edu
Hekman Library at Calvin College
616.526.7133