[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Report question: Need detailed cash report by workstation or org unit

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 15:21:16 EDT 2013

Rose, all,

Evergreen records a single entry for each payment.  So imagine there are
$5.00 in overdue fines and $3.00 in processing fees on one circulation. If
the user pays $8.00 all at once, there's one payment covering all billing
line items, and there's no breakdown showing that three of the dollars went
to processing fees.

I did some work (which has surely suffered from bit rot) back in the 1.2
days to provide such a breakdown in a reporting source, but that did not
make it into the core code back then.  The upshot of that is that it's
possible to do, but would take some effort to teach modern Evergreen that
trick.

I'll put up a launchpad bug and attach the code I have. Given time or
sponsorship, hopefully that could make it into a future release.

--
Mike Rylander
 | Director of Research and Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)