[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] NCIP to OCLC VDX

Elfstrand, Stephen F stephen.elfstrand at mnsu.edu
Mon Apr 29 16:57:26 EDT 2013

Dear Devlist, & General List

In Minnesota we have a state-wide resource sharing gateway that uses VDX from OCLC. The work on NCIP that has been done already focuses in NICP for III (Innovative Interfaces) and we were told by OCLC that it will not work with VDX. Since NCIP between Evergreen and OCLC VDX is vital to our goal of bringing more Minnesota c libraries into the Evergreen fold.

PALS will work on this as a development project by using what's been done already and build on it. We have developers but wonder if our efforts could benefit by creating some partnerships to get this work done. Is anyone else out there interested in Evergreen - NCIP - VDX?  If so are you interested in contributing time or money to this project?

Stephen F. Elfstrand
PALS Executive Director
ML3022
Mn. St. Univ. - Mankato