[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds and grocery bills

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Wed Dec 4 10:22:59 EST 2013

Hi all,

We are having problems with Evergreen not searching for holds regularly. I have holds that were placed on November 15 that the "previous check time" was also November 15. Is there a script or something we are supposed to run to have Evergreen continue to check for items to fill these holds?

I also have a question about adding a new "grocery" bill type. The cost of lost/damaged items needs to be included as grocery because of incomplete information in the records we uploaded from our legacy system. I have added this bill under "Admin - Server Administration - Billing Types" but it does not show up under the drop down list when in the bill patron dialogue screen. Other billing types we have set up do show, but for some reason Lost/Damaged Materials does not. I even tried changing the name thinking that perhaps Evergreen sees that terminology as specific to circulation bills as opposed to grocery bills, but no luck. Is there a script that needs to be run to update this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library
1550 S. Campus Dr.