[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notification/Action Triggers and Family (Group) Accounts

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Dec 13 13:58:40 EST 2013

Michele,

Thanks for mentioning that Library Setting.  I had forgotten about that one.

Lise,

> When children move out on their own, we would want to be able to modify their address without changing the entire family's.  Is there a way to remove a patron from a user group?  If not, maybe editing one and not all is a planned function.

Let's say you have users A, B, and C all in the same group, and you
want to remove user B from the group.

You can retrieve any of those users, A, B, or C, and then go to Other
-> Group Member Details.

Select user B from the list and then select Choose an Action... ->
Remove Selected Patrons  from the Group.  I noticed a minor display
bug if you do this directly from user B's account, but you can
re-retrieve the user to see the correct listing of group members
afterward.

Then retrieve user B if you haven't already, and choose Edit, and
scroll to the address section.  The addresses there may still be owned
by users A or C, and if desired, you can simply delete them and/or
re-enter them with modified details.

Does that help?

--
Jason Etheridge