[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] System Hangs while doing check in

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 6 09:59:56 EST 2013

Hi Jayaraj,

If I might point it out, "Dear Sir" is not the best way to address a
mailing list, especially one where many of the people who might answer
your question are women.  I don't mean to be harsh to anyone for whom
English is a second language, but knowing this might help you get
address you inappropriately.

In order to learn more about the problem with check-in that you're
experiencing, on your server can you grep your logs, particularly
osrfsys.log or similar, for 'ERR' ?

If you find resulting lines in your log that match the timestamp of
your troubled check-ins, sharing those log lines with some surrounding
context on the mailing list (try open-ils-dev) may help. Be advised
that such log lines might contain sensitive information such as IP
addresses or patron barcodes that you may wish to redact.

Regards,

Lebbeous

--
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley